Healthy Mac & Cheese!
This mac and cheese is: - ultra cheesy - rich & hearty - easy to make
Reader review: "This recipe is a family favorite! It's so rich and creamy."
Pasta Unsalted butter All-purpose flour 1% or 2% milk Salt Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Cook pasta to package directions.
2. Melt the butter until foaming.
2. Whisk in the flour.
3. Whisk in the milk. Simmer until thickened.
4. Whisk in cheese and salt.
5. Until smooth and creamy.
6. Fold in pasta.
7. Serve immediately or bake (next slide)
8. Pour pasta into greased baking pan.
9. Sprinkle with cheese & bake!
So comforting and cheesy!
Make this gluten-free by using rice or garbanzo bean pasta and gluten-free 1-to-1 flour
Substitute your favorite cheese(s): white cheddar, provolone, fontina, asiago, Monterey jack, etc.