Perfect to top a salad, serve as an appetizer or put on a sandwich, these Garbanzo Bean Fritters are a gluten-free and high protein addition to any meal.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
I created this garbanzo bean fritters recipe after craving latkes in March. Could I technically still have made latkes even though it wasn’t December? Of course. But did a bout of my allergy for making the same dish twice flare-up? Apparently.
Thus, these fritter bad boys were born.
These fritters have the savory and light crunch of a latke with lemon and cumin to contribute some hummus-like flavor notes. The garbanzo beans add some satisfying but not overwhelming heft to the fritters to make them light enough for an appetizer but also filling enough to serve on a salad
The best part: with the versatility and classic flavors of these fritters, they’re perfect all year round. You might even want to add them to your rotation in December… but I promise I’ll forgive you if don’t. 😉
Garbanzo Bean Fritter Cooking Notes:
- If serving on a salad, and add a few teaspoons of milk to the sour cream sauce to thin out the dipping sauce and make a dressing. Ranch dressing should also work just fine here.
- If serving for a dinner party, keep the paper towel-lined baking sheet with cooked fritters on them in an oven preheated to 200 degrees. Move the fritters to a serving platter as soon as you are ready.
- It may be annoying, but make sure to chill these guys before cooking. This will help the batter to stick together better when cooking. You can chill anywhere from 20 minutes-12 hours. Which leads me to…
- If you have a dinner party in the evening, you can whip these up in the morning or before prepping the rest of the house and food. Then just cook right before serving.
Recipes Similar to Garbanzo Bean Fritters:
- Sweet Potato Hash Brown Burgers
- Black Lentil Salad
- Split Pea Hummus
- Moroccan Chickpea Salad with Carrots
- Ricotta Grits and Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Drizzle
If you made and liked this recipe, don't forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went for you in the comments! It always makes my day to hear from you!