Take a trip back to childhood with this whole fruit and nut Peanut Butter & Jelly Larabar recipe.
Check out this easy-to-make Peanut Butter & Jelly Larabar recipe for a treat reminiscent of childhood.
With just peanuts, raisins, dates, and salt these raw date nut bars boast no added sugar but still have 100% of the flavor, offering something both kiddos and adults will love.
The protein in the peanuts makes them satisfying enough to grab along with a piece of fruit for a quick breakfast or snack while the raisins add a sweetness that won’t spike your blood sugar and leave you ravenous in hours.
Other bonus points of this snack bar recipe? It's gluten-free and vegan, a super easy and quick to make making it a great energy bar recipe for runners, cyclists, hikers, and other busy athletes.
How long do larabars last?
They will last covered in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. They will be safe in the fridge for longer, they will just start to dry out after 7 days.
Are larabars cooked?
Nope! Larabars are a classic no bake energy bar recipe. Once all the ingredients are blended, all you have to do is cover and chill them!
What are the ingredients in larabars?
The basic Larabars ingredients are nuts, dates, and (sometimes) dried fruit. Typically, cashews are used but I'm sensitive to cashews so I often substitute in peanuts. For obvious reason, this recipe uses peanuts.
Homemade Larabar Recipe Cooking Notes:
- Wrap them up individually as soon as they’ve chilled so you can just grab and go on a busy morning or when you know you’ll want an afternoon snack.
- Also, feel free to sub in all raisins if you don’t have dates, but the dates do add a nice jamminess, reminiscent of the real deal.
Either way, enjoy these gems with a clear conscience, embracing the flavors of youth while eating clean and with no added sugar.
Other healthy and quick snack recipes:
- Mounds Bar "Larabar"
- Cranberry White Chocolate "Larabar"
- Healthy Chocolate with Coconut & Banana
- Mae's Mean Green Vegan Smoothie Recipe
- Sweet Potato Harissa Hummus Recipe
- Split Pea Hummus
Looking for other healthy snack ideas? Check out my 10 BEST Thrive Market Snacks!
If you make and like this recipe, please review and rate it 5 Stars at the top of the recipe card. This helps other people to find the recipes and helps this reader-supported publication, too!
Thank you so much for your feedback and support of Mae's Menu!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Larabars Recipe
These "larabars" use only whole, clean ingredients to recreate an adult version of a childhood favorite. Enjoy as a snack or grab for an on-the-go breakfast.
- 1 c. unsalted peanuts
- ¾ c. raisins
- 4 large pitted medjool dates
- Pinch salt
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and run, pushing down with a damper of the blender (if using), until all the ingredients are pulverized and coming together into a thick, shiny, ball and you can no longer see the individual nuts.
- Dump into an 8x4 loaf pan and push down with your hand covered in saran wrap.
- Serve warm or move to the fridge and let cool for about 20-30 minutes. To serve, cut into individual servings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 15mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 2gSugar 14gProtein 4g
This nutrition breakdown is an estimate of the nutritional value of this recipe and cannot be taken as facts. The owners of Mae's Menu are not nutritionists or dieticians and therefore cannot be held accountable for this nutrition estimate. Please contact your nutritionist or medical professional for a nutritional breakdown of this food. Furthermore, this food is not intended to prevent, diagnose, cure, or treat any disease.
Please share your recipe comments and feedback. It helps us create better content and helps other readers find what they're looking for.