Enjoy your favorite Thai food without even leaving home. This Authentic Thai Green Curry Chicken Recipe is easy, creamy, lightly spicy and sweet, and ready in under 30 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links, where I can make a small profit at no expense to you. See my disclosure policy for details. Thank you so much for supporting Mae's Menu!
It's the time of year that I'm on the constant lookout for warm and filling dishes. This Authentic Thai Green Curry Chicken Recipe is fitting that bill. It's warm, nutty, lightly spicy, just a bit sweet, satisfying, and a healthier comfort food option that I can feel good about eating.
Not only that, but a Thai curry is a great option when you're looking for a quick dinner recipe. Green curry takes only six ingredients (other than chicken and vegetables) and is ready in under 25 minutes.
If you're looking for new easy dinner recipes, Thai green curry is also a great candidate. All you will need is a large saute pan, a spatula or wooden spoon, and to know how to saute ingredients and you will be good to go.
Just make sure to have all your ingredients chopped up ahead of time because once you get cooking, time will go quick.
Cooking will go so quick that you'll have dinner on the table in the same (or less!) time it would take to run to your local Thai restaurant for carry-out.
And you'll be all the better for it -- saving up to $20+ to feed a family of four; getting to stay in your yoga pants and/or PJs while you cook, and (possibly most importantly) getting to enjoy friends, family, and/or The Office while you eat.
So, in other words, it's a no brainer. Grab your curry paste, veggies, chicken, coconut milk, and remote control and get ready to enjoy your new favorite comfort food go-to.
This Authentic Thai Green Chicken Curry Is...
- Lightly sweet
- Ready in under 30 minutes
If you're looking for a new quick dinner option to add to the rotation, check out this curry. They're so easy and quick they are to make, curries were pretty much made to make our weeknight dinners easier.
Order your groceries through Thrive Market and receive a $22 gift!
What does Thai curry taste like?
Thai curry is a very flavorful dish. It tastes moderately spicy though it has a sweet finish. Thanks to coconut milk, it has a slightly nutty flavor and a creamy finish. Different curries (red, green, yellow, Panang, etc.) have different flavor profiles because they have different seasonings, but most have flavors of lemongrass, chili, and other seasonings like garlic.
What is in Thai curry paste?
There are different ingredients in different types or colors of curry paste, but most of them have some amount of garlic, chilis, lemongrass, kefir lime leaves, and galangal. Some also have shrimp paste in them, so if you are vegetarian or vegan or otherwise do not eat shellfish, keep an eye out for that on your curry paste's ingredient list.
Where do you buy Thai curry paste?
Thankfully, Thai curry paste is getting easier and easier to find in stores. You can find it at most Super Targets, most well-stocked grocery stores, Whole Foods, and Amazon.
Just make sure to buy curry paste (not a curry sauce or simmer sauce) for this recipe.
What tools do you need to make this Thai curry?
Other quick and healthy dinner recipes you might also enjoy:
- Thai Salmon Panang Curry
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry
- House Special Fried Rice
- Sheet Pan Apricot Chicken and Potatoes
- Chicken with Pumpkin Parmesan Sauce
- Pumpkin Sausage Soup
- Moroccan Sweet Potato Soup
- Basil Pesto Spaghetti Squash Pasta
- Teriyaki Meatloaf
- Juicy Turkey Meatballs
Or, check out my list of my 15 Best Quick & Healthy Dinner Recipes for fast and delicious family-friendly recipes and my complete healthy dinner guide.
If you make and like this recipe, please review and rate it 5-stars at the top of the recipe card. This helps other people to find the recipes and helps me out, too!
Thank you so much for your feedback and support of Mae's Menu!
A Thai classic green curry brought to your dinner table. It's moderately spicy, lightly sweet, full of umami, and ready in under 25 minutes! Make this favorite for dinner tonight.
These are some of my favorite veggies for the curry, but feel free to sub in other seasonal veggies that you have on hand, like green beans, zucchini, green peas, or red peppers. Just make sure to cut them into the same size pieces as the rest of the veggies.
Butternut squash and sweet potatoes are also delicious in this curry. Just cut them into 1/4" cubes and saute them for an extra 3-4 minutes before stirring in and cooking the rest of the veggies.
Use your favorite cut of chicken for this dish-- I love both breast and thigh -- just make sure they're boneless & skinless.
- 2 tablespoons unfiltered, virgin coconut oil (divided)
- 3 medium-large carrots, peeled & cut into 1/8" coins
- 2.5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded & cut into 1/2" x 1" pieces
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1/2" x 2" strips
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste (I like Mae Ploy brand)
- 1.5 cans coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups cooked hot basmati rice
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil and melt until it sizzles when flicked with water.
- Add in the veggies and stir-fry, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until the carrots are becoming tender and the broccoli is turning bright green.
- Scoop veggies into a separate bowl & set aside.
- Heat up second tablespoon oil in the pan until it sizzles when flicked with water.
- Add chicken and saute for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add curry paste & saute for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant and the paste is evenly distributed throughout the chicken.
- Stir in the coconut milk, lime, agave, and fish sauce & stir until combined.
- Stir in the veggies. Bring the curry to a simmer and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and serve over hot basmati rice. Enjoy!
1. This curry will keep covered in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Amount Per Serving Calories 667Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 28gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 116mgSodium 806mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 4gSugar 9gProtein 49g
This nutrition breakdown is just an estimate of the nutritional value of this recipe and cannot be taken as facts. The owners of Mae's Menu are not nutritionists or dieticians and therefore cannot be held accountable for this nutrition estimate. Please contact your nutritionist or medical professional for a nutritional breakdown of this food. Furthermore, this food is not intended to prevent, diagnose, cure, or treat any disease.