Instant Pot Baby Potatoes: garlicky parmesan potatoes that are easy to make, tender, and an all-around delicious side dish!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
Table of contents
Why this Instant Pot potato recipe works:
With a buttery garlic herb sauce and grated parmesan, these tender potatoes are an ultimate comfort food. This recipe is also:
- Super easy to make: this recipe only takes a handful of easy-to-follow steps.
- Quick: with just 15 minutes of active cooking time (the Instant Pot does the rest of the work), this is a great side dish for busy nights.
- Family-friendly: kids and adults alike will like this recipe! They have enough flavor to satisfy adult palates, but the cheesy garlic butter pleases most kids.
Save this Instant Pot small potatoes recipe for later on Pinterest:
Garlic Parmesan Potatoes Ingredients:
- Yukon gold baby potatoes - baby gold potatoes or fingerling potatoes can also work for this recipe
- Garlic - fresh minced garlic is best, but bottled minced garlic also works for this recipe.
- Grated parmesan cheese - the fresh cheese found in the refrigerator aisle is best for this recipe.
- Unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- Reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Parsley - fresh minced curly parsley adds a light herb note to the potatoes
- Potatoes: red potatoes can substitute for the golden potatoes. The texture will be slightly different, but the flavor will still be delicious.
- Butter and chicken broth: salted butter and regular sodium chicken broth can also work for this recipe. Just reduce the salt to ¼ teaspoon if making these substitutions.
How to make Instant Pot baby potatoes:
For the complete recipe and measurements, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Heat olive oil and unsalted butter on the Instant Pot sauté setting. Add the garlic and sauté until the garlic is fragrant and golden.
- Turn off the sauté feature. Add the potatoes, chicken broth, and salt to the pot. Stir well and lock on the Instant Pot lid.
- Pressure cook the potatoes for 6 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Turn the Instant Pot back onto the sauté mode and set the heat to high. Sprinkle the potatoes with parsley and cook until the butter sauce has reduced.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
Instant pot roasted potatoes pro-tips:
- Scrub the potatoes before cooking. New potatoes can be dusty or dirty straight out of the produce aisle, so I recommend scrubbing the potatoes under running water with a cloth or clean dish sponge before making this recipe.
- Don't overcook the garlic. The garlic cooks quickly. Cook it just until it is golden and fragrant then add in the potatoes and other ingredients. Once the garlic turns brown it gets bitter and unpleasant tasting.
- Cooking with uneven sized potatoes. If potatoes are larger than 1 ½ inches across, cut the potatoes in half before pressure cooking so they cook evenly and quickly.
These baby potatoes made in the Instant Pot are a great all-purpose side dish! They go well with almost any meal. I love to pair these potatoes with any of the following:
- Grilled steak
- Beef roast
- Dijon Pork tenderloin
- Crispy Baked Panko Chicken
- Roasted salmon
- Sliced ham
- Portobello mushroom burgers
Leftover potatoes last covered in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. They also can be frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 months.
Defrost the potatoes in the refrigerator for 6 - 12 hours before heating in the microwave until warmed through.
This recipe is naturally gluten-free and vegetarian. It is also a great source of whole food carbohydrates!
To make this recipe vegan and dairy-free, substitute vegan butter and vegan parmesan cheese for the dairy butter and parmesan cheese.
Tools needed to make this recipe:
More potato recipes:
- Mashed Potatoes without Milk
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes (Instant Pot recipe)
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Easy Baked Home Fries
- Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
- Caramelized Dutch Oven Sweet Potatoes
If you made and liked this recipe, don't forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went for you in the comments! It always makes my day to hear from you!