Revitalize your mealtime with Frozen Broccoli in Air Fryer - a hassle-free, nutrient-packed option that's both convenient and incredibly satisfying. Ready in under 20 minutes. Naturally gluten-free and vegetarian with easy vegan and gluten-free substitutions!
Table of contents
Are you ready to take your side dish game to the next level? Introducing Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli—a game-changer in just a few simple steps. Get ready for a healthy and irresistible addition to your meal that will leave everyone craving more.
The air fryer works its magic, transforming frozen vegetables in the air fryer into a crispy, delectable delight. The result? No more boring vegetables. Instead, a flavorful journey with this frozen broccoli recipe that will revolutionize your appreciation anew for the air fryer.
With minimal time investment, you'll be rewarded with the best frozen broccoli recipe that steals the spotlight and leaves a lasting impression on your taste buds. Get ready for wholesome and mouthwatering side dish by cooking frozen broccoli in air fryer.
Why You'll Love Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- Healthier alternative: Enjoy the deliciousness of frozen broccoli side dish without deep frying, thanks to the air fryer's ability to achieve a similar texture with less oil.
- Quick and easy: Whip up a fresh and wholesome side dish in no time with roasted frozen broccoli air fryer - it's the ultimate quick and easy way to enjoy a nutritious addition to your meal.
- Family-friendly: Get the whole gang involved in the kitchen and delight everyone's taste buds with the magic of how to make frozen broccoli crispy.
- No fuss preparation: Skip the hassle of chopping and prepping fresh broccoli with the convenience of knowing how to cook frozen broccoli in air fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli Ingredients
- Frozen broccoli: Choose high-quality frozen broccoli, whether florets or chopped pieces for the best texture and flavor.
- Olive Oil: Adds delicious flavor and helps with browning so opt for a good-quality olive oil to drizzle over the broccoli.
- Sea Salt: Enhance the taste of air fried frozen broccoli. Find the perfect balance of flavors by adjusting the amount according to your preference.
- Clove of Garlic: Add minced garlic for a savory note adjusting the amount based on your personal taste.
- Balsamic Vinegar: You may choose between balsamic vinegar or lemon juice to give the broccoli a citrusy twist for a tangy and slightly sweet flavor of roast frozen broccoli air fryer.
Cheesy Breadcrumbs Ingredients
- Panko bread crumbs: Get that light and crispy texture with these Japanese-style crumbs. Find them in stores, online, or on Amazon.
- Parmesan cheese: Adds a burst of savory and cheesy goodness when you cook frozen broccoli in air fryer
- Salt: Season to your liking to enhance the flavor
- Olive oil: Use a good-quality one to bind the breadcrumbs and achieve a crisp texture.
- Balsamic vinegar: Drizzle it for a zesty and flavorful touch, and choose the level of tanginess you prefer.
- Vinegar: For an alternative to balsamic vinegar, fresh lemon juice is a great pick.
How to Make Frozen Broccoli in the Air Fryer
For the complete recipe and measurements, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Step 1: Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit with the air fryer basket inside.
Step 2: Take a large mixing bowl and drizzle some olive oil over the frozen broccoli. Sprinkle in a good pinch of sea salt and add the minced garlic. Give it all a gentle toss until everything is nicely combined.
Step 3: In a small mixing bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, dried Italian seasoning, and olive oil until everything is well mixed.
Step 4: Add the seasoned broccoli to the air fryer and let it fry for about 8 minutes. Remember to shake or gently stir the broccoli every 3-4 minutes for even cooking.
Step 5: Drizzle the broccoli with the balsamic vinegar and give it a gentle toss to coat.
Step 6: Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the broccoli.
Step 7: Increase the air fryer temperature to 375 degrees and continue air frying for another 5-7 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs turn beautifully golden.
Step 8: Season with a bit more salt to taste, and then it's ready to be served. Enjoy your delicious air fryer frozen broccoli!
- Keep It Simple: Don't want the toasted breadcrumb topping? No problem! Just omit it from the recipe, tossing the broccoli with the seasonings and oil and air frying for 15 minutes, tossing every 3-4 minutes throughout. Drizzle the broccoli with the balsamic vinegar before serving.
- Air Fryer Temperature: Air fryers can range in temperature accuracy and strength. For the most accurate reading on your air fryer temperature insert an oven thermometer and make sure that the air fryer has reached 350° before adding the broccoli.
- Shake it up for crispy perfection: Remember to shake or gently stir the air fryer steamed broccoli to ensure even browning and crispy results.
- Time it Right: Keep a close watch on the frozen broccoli in air fryer to achieve golden brown and crispy perfection.
- Asian: Add an Asian-inspired twist to your cooked broccoli by tossing it with soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and a dash of minced ginger and garlic to transport your taste buds to the East and give your crispy broccoli air fryer a unique twist.
- Spicy: Kick up the flavor of your broccoli by adding a pinch of red pepper flakes or your favorite spicy seasoning before air frying. Get ready for a fiery burst of heat that will tantalize your taste buds.
- Extra Cheesy: For cheese lovers, sprinkling shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese on top and popping the steam broccoli in air fryer for a minute or two until the cheese melts is a must try.
Air-fried broccoli is a versatile side dish that complements any meal. Whether it's a casual dinner or a special occasion, this crispy broccoli adds a flavorful touch. Pair it with grilled chicken, roast pork tenderloin, or your favorite dishes.
Serve it hot for the best flavor. Get ready to impress your guests or enjoy a satisfying meal with this delicious air fryer frozen broccoli.
This recipe is naturally vegetarian and processed sugar-free and it can be easily adapted to the following dietary preferences:
- Gluten-Free: To make this recipe without gluten, substitute gluten-freee panko bread crumbs.
- Vegan & Dairy-Free: To make this recipe without any milk or animal products, simply omit the parmesan cheese from the recipe.
- Low-Carb/Keto: For those on a low-carb or keto diet, you can lower the carb content by using a keto-friendly breadcrumb substitute or skipping the breadcrumbs altogether.
- Refrigeration: Leftovers keep covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. They do not freeze well.
- Reheating: Reheat the broccoli in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes, or until heated through or heat in the microwave on medium heat.
Yes, you can cook frozen broccoli in the air fryer without preheating, but the cooking time may be slightly longer and the broccoli may not get as crispy.
Yes! Marinating the broccoli before air frying adds extra flavor. Remember to pat the broccoli dry before air frying for that perfect crispy texture.
You can! However, make sure not to overcrowd the basket or tray to allow proper air circulation for even cooking. Cook in batches if needed to ensure each piece of broccoli gets crispy and cooked evenly.
Tools Needed to Make This Recipe
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
- Air Fryer Broccolini
- Air Fryer Zucchini
- Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- Air Fryer Portobello Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Mixed Vegetables
If you make and like this recipe, please review and rate it 5 Stars at the top of the recipe card. This helps other people to find the recipes and helps this reader-supported publication, too!
Thank you so much for your feedback and support of Mae's Menu!