Crispy, crunchy, lower in fat, and ready in a snap! These air fryer frozen egg rolls are simple to make and better for you. The 4-ingredient sweet and savory Thai Chili Sauce takes this recipe to the next level!
In today's post we will be making frozen egg rolls in the air fryer. These rolls are lighter and lower in fat than traditional fried egg rolls but are just as tasty! Read on to learn how to cook egg rolls in the air fryer, recipe FAQs, and more!
Table of contents
Craving hot, savory, salty, and crispy egg rolls?! Me too!
There's almost never a bad time for this favorite appetizer or snack -- especially now that we can make them lighter in the air fryer!
And just because they're air fried doesn't mean these frozen egg rolls are going to be boring or lack in flavor. They have the umami-rich flavor and satisfying crunch that we know and love.
These snacks are ready in under 15 minutes and call for only 5 ingredients (seriously -- does it get any better than this?!). Whip up the super simple but luscious Thai sweet chili sauce while the egg rolls air fry and they'll be truly memorable!
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest:
Air fry egg rolls ingredients:
- Frozen egg rolls - choose your favorite type of egg roll (chicken, vegetable, etc.) for this recipe -- all work!
- Thai sweet chili sauce - sweet, sticky, saucy, and delicious for dipping! We take the flavor up a notch with the following ingredients, too.
- Apple cider vinegar - adds a brightness and touch of tang to the sauce. If you don't have apple cider vinegar, distilled white vinegar can substitute.
- Low-sodium soy sauce - adds savory and salty notes to the sauce. If you don't have low-sodium soy sauce, regular soy sauce also works.
- Toasted sesame oil - found in the Asian foods section of most major grocery store chains.
How to cook frozen egg rolls in air fryer oven:
- With the air fryer basket inserted, preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the frozen egg rolls to the air fryer basket, leaving at least ½-inch between the rolls. Air fry until the egg rolls are cooked through and golden brown on the outside.
- While the rolls air fry: whisk together the sweet chili sauce, cider vinegar, sesame oil, and soy sauce until combined.
- Serve the rolls hot with the sauce to dip!
- Preheat the air fryer. This will help the egg rolls to cook through evenly and quickly.
- Use Thai sweet chili sauce, in contrast to garlic chili sauce. Thai sweet chili sauce is a light red, almost pink color. It is more sweet than spicy, and has a saucy and drippy consistency to it. The sauce can be found at most major grocery store chains, Whole Foods, and man Asian grocery stores.
- Halving or multiplying the recipe. To make a smaller portion, divide the ingredients by the desired amount and follow the directions as listed. To multiply the recipe, air fry the egg rolls on air frying racks or in separate batches. This allows the rolls to have adequate hot air circulate, and therefore for them to cook evenly.
Thai sweet chili sauce is a sweet and just mildly spicy sauce that has Thai origins. It is made with water, sugar, peppers, tapioca starch, and garlic. The sauce is thick yet pourable and can be used on its own as a dip or sauce.
Cook frozen egg rolls in the air fryer for 9-11 minutes, or until the egg rolls are crispy on the outside and cooked through.
Cook frozen egg rolls in the air fryer at 375 degrees. Preheat the air fryer for 2-3 minutes to cook the rolls the quickest and most evenly.
These rolls are best consumed straight out of the air fryer. See my notes above (in "recipe tips") for how to divide or multiply this recipe to serve the desired amount.
These egg rolls are delicious served hot with the sweet Thai chili sauce to dip. They are the perfect appetizer to serve at a cocktail party, house warming party, dinner party, or even your game day get togethers!
This recipe also makes a favorite quick dinner side dish: we love air frying up a batch to serve with stir-fried veggies, grilled chicken, or teriyaki chicken meatballs. So tasty!
Leftover egg rolls last covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat them in an air fryer preheated to 375 degrees for 2.5-5 minutes, or until heated through and re-crisped.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use a brand of gluten-free egg rolls like the Feel Good Foods brand (found at Target, Kroger, and some other major grocery store chains in the U.S.) and coconut liquid aminos or tamari in place of the soy sauce.
To make this recipe vegetarian, use vegetable egg rolls. To make this recipe vegan, use vegan vegetable egg rolls (found at Whole Foods here in the U.S.).
Tools needed to make this recipe:
- Air fryer -- I use and love both the Ninja Tendercrisp and the Instant Pot Duo Crisp air fryers
- Heat safe or silicone tongs
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring cups & spoons
More air fryer & appetizer recipes:
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Cheesy Refried Bean Dip
- Zesty 5-Layer Bean Dip
- Avocado Peach Salsa
- Healthy Deviled Eggs
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Spiced Sweet Potato Fritters
- BBQ Chicken Nachos
If you make and like this recipe, please review and rate it 5 Stars at the top of the recipe card. This helps other people to find the recipes and helps this reader-supported publication, too!
Thank you so much for your feedback and support of Mae's Menu!