Enjoy this bright Pineapple Green Smoothie for a tasty way to get the gut-healthy benefits of kombucha and a serving of greens.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
I've got a thing for smoothies. Maybe it’s because it’s a new found love, or maybe it’s because they're a super convenient way to get my fruits, veggies, and fats in, but one thing is for sure: as much as I like a healthy smoothie, packed with all sorts of goodies, I also like them to have flavor. This Pineapple Green Smoothie is no exception. With kale, four tropical fruits, kombucha, and ginger this smoothie is crave-worthy while also being good for you.
After all, when I have a big workout ahead or behind me or am just needing a solid nutritional start to my day, what better than to reach for an easy snack or breakfast chock-full of whole fruits, vegetables, and protein-packed yogurt?!
In fact, I love getting veggies in for breakfast but sometimes an omelet with veggies is too much for me to digest before working out. A vegan green smoothie recipe like this, though, tends to go down just fine. Not only that, but I just feel good after eating it.
Some nutritional highlights of this kale green smoothie recipe:
- No processed sugar
- Can be made dairy-free & vegan
- Gut-healthy smoothie, thanks to kombucha & yogurt
- 100% gluten-free
- High in Fiber
- Rich in potassium & vitamin C
- Balanced in carbohydrates, fiber, and protein -- making it an ideal workout recovery snack or meal.
Is kale still healthy in a smoothie?
Yes! As long as kale isn't overcooked and slathered in unhealthy fats or sugars, it's still healthy for you. In this case, there is no added processed sugar in this smoothie making it a healthy and low sugar pineapple green smoothie and a perfect way to eat your kale.
What are green smoothies made of?
They can vary in other ingredients, but they always have at least one leafy green in them. Some popular greens are baby spinach and kale. In addition to this, they have a liquid, often other fruits and vegetables, spices, and/or nut butter, just like this other delicious green smoothie also has.
In the case of this Pineapple Green Smoothie, the liquid is kombucha (so it could also be considered a kombucha smoothie), frozen pineapple and coconut, banana, yogurt, and dried (or fresh!) ginger.
What can you put in a healthy smoothie?
So many things can go in a healthy smoothie! Some of my favorite healthy smoothie ingredients are...
- hemp seed
- flax meal
- nut butter -- like peanut butter or almond butter
- fresh fruit -- like bananas and berries
- nut milk
- coconut water
- baby spinach
- coconut chunks
- coconut oil
- frozen, unsweetened fruit
... and I'm sure there are other ingredients I'm forgetting, but hopefully, this gives you a good start! Comment below with your favorite smoothie ingredients to let me know what you like!
How to make this Pineapple Green Smoothie-- a quick overview:
- Add all the ingredients to your high-speed blender in the order listed (this will help the smoothie blend the fastest and with the least amount of strain on the machine).
- Tamp the smoothie down or scrape the sides and continue to blend the smoothie until nicely blended and smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses and enjoy!
Looking for other creative ways to use kombucha?
Check out my Kombucha Whiskey Sours, a lower sugar way to enjoy the classic cocktail!
If you made and liked this recipe, don't forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went for you in the comments! It always makes my day to hear from you!Print Recipe
Recipes Similar to Pineapple Green Smoothie
- 3 Ingredient Healthy Yogurt Popsicles -- full of protein, probiotics, and flavor, these tasty cool treats have no added processed sugar!
- Creamy Raspberry Smoothie - a creamy and naturally sweet smoothie that is vegan and has no processed sugar!
- Mae's Mean Green Smoothie - another delicious and bright green smoothie to add to your smoothie rotation.
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie - a healthy, nutty, and naturally sweet smoothie that's high in protein and antioxidants.
- Pineapple Blueberry Acai Smoothie Bowl - a hydrating and nutritious smoothie bowl full of superfruits and greens, making it perfect for breakfast or workout recovery.
- Healthy Chocolate Smoothie with Banana and Coconut - a malt-flavored smoothie with absolutely no added processed sugar!
- Vanilla Spiced Coconut Granola - the perfect crunchy granola, complete with cardamom, almonds, and toasted coconut.
- Vegan Chia Pudding Parfaits - spiced chia pudding with bursts of fruit and crunchy granola layered in. A delicious gluten-free and vegan dessert or snack!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly "Larabars" - A raw, fruit & nut bar that tastes like childhood by way of dates, peanuts, and raisins. A favorite snack amongst my friends!